What to do when hp printer says offline?
What do when an HP printer says offline?
HP is one of the world’s well-known reputable companies dealing with many products such as laptops, printers, phones, and many other devices. The most demanding and selling product is its printers which play a vital role in various sectors such as banks, schools, offices, etc. But sometimes, when the HP printer offline, users get stuck in performing the print jobs and unable to give print commands. Hence, there are some troubleshooting steps that will help you in fixing HP printer says offline issues.
Instructions to resolve the issue when HP printer says offline
Method 1. Monitor the Windows Services status and set it to Automatic
In case your HP printer uses the WSD port, you need to look at the status of Windows Function Discovery services.
- The first step is to press the Windows key from your keyboard and then look for the Control Panel option and click on it.
- Now, beneath the segment of Hardware and Sound, you will trace the option View Printers and Drivers, tap on it. This will redirect you to the Printers and Drivers window.
- Afterwards, you have to right-click on the icon of your printer and select the Printer Properties option. Opt for the “Ports” tab from the next screen that follows.
- From the upcoming window, look whether your HP printer uses WSD port. In case, your printer uses the WSD port, move ahead to the next step.
- Once again click on the Start button and search for Services list just by typing in the search box.
- Consequently, the Services list window will appear on your screen. Here you have to scroll down to the list and then search for the file name “Function Discovery Provider Host and Publication Function Discovery Resource”. Furthermore, you have to look for the Startup Type status.
- If you see that the status is set manual right-click on the name of your printer.
- After this, you have to choose the Properties option and set it to the automatic startup type and then click on the Start under the option of the Services Status.
- Go back to the Devices and Printers main window and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 2.Before adding your HP printer with your computing device, you first have to remove your printer driver that is already added.
- Add the HP printer to your Windows device
Before adding your printer to your system you first need to ensure that your computing device is connected to the wired or wireless network connection.
- The first step is to click on the Start button and then select the Settings window on your computer.
- Look for the Devices icon and click on it.
- From the left column of the window, you have to choose Printers and Scanners.
- As a result, the new screen will take you to the window of Add printers and scanners.
- In the same window, you have to press the Add a printer or scanner icon.
- In the end, the window detects your printer and you need to click on your preferred HP Printer. And now check whether issue is resolved or not.
- Add the printer to the Mac Device
In order to add the printer on the Mac operating system, firstly you have to click on the Apple icon from the desktop. After this, select the System Preferences option from its extended list of options. Beneath the section of Hardware, look for Print & Scan icon, and double-click on it. Thereafter, ensure that you are connected to the wired or wireless network connection. Further, look for the + icon from the left panel and click on it and select your name of the printer that you wish to add. Also, enter the Mac credentials if prompted.
Method 3. Delete all the pending print jobs from your system
If the HP printer says offline issue still appears, remove all the print jobs that are pending from your system. This will help in fixing this error easily. For this, press the Windows key from the keyboard and click on Devices and Printers option. After this, right-click on the icon of your HP Printer and select See What’s Printing option. If you find any pending print jobs select all the print jobs and remove it from your system.