HP Printer Offline
HP Printer Offline means that the printer is not communicating with the system. It is the most common problem that arises due to the low connectivity between the system and the printer. Therefore, the users are suggested to check the network connectivity or upgrade the printer driver on their operating system. So, after performing these troubleshooting methods the user can easily deal with the HP Printer Offline issue without any hitches. There are some causes due to which the problem arises. Below are the causes and its solutions. Furthermore, it happens that sometimes the user gets stuck with the HP Printer issues users, so they all are suggested to seek for assistance from the HP printer customer service team.
Causes of HP Offline Printer Errors
Using Incorrect Port
Outdated Printer Driver
Print Spooler Error
Solution To Resolve HP Printer Offline Problem On Windows
The users who are looking for the ways to get rid of the issues are suggested to follow the steps to fix HP Printer Offline errors on windows. So, follow the steps as mentioned below. However, if after applying these steps the issue persists the same, then get connected with the HP Printer customer service team for real-time assistance.
Step1: Check Connectivity Problems
- Do Not connect to a guest or host network.
Firstly make sure that your printer is not connected to a guest or host network as the router might have extra safety characteristics such as preventing printers from connecting and performing printing tasks.
- Try using printer on another system
The users are advised to use another system. So, try installing the printer driver and then try connecting the printer using the same type of connection. If the offline status remains the same, then definitely there is a issue in the printer. Therefore, the users are recommended to contact the experts of HP customer service for assistance. But if after changing the system, the the offline status gets resolved, then there might be some issue with the system.
Step 2: Make Sure the Correct Port is Selected
If the driver is using the wrong connection port, then the connection cannot be made and the printer will remain offline. So, follow the below-stated steps to fix the HP printer offline issue:
- First of all, go to “Devices and Printers” option.
- After this, right-click the name of the printer and then “select Printer Properties.”
- Select the “Ports” tab.
- Ensure that the selected Port and description matches the connection type being used with the printer.
- Then, select Configure Port and make sure the printer IP address matches the Port Ip address.
- If the port selected is WSD, then the users are suggested to remove and reinstall the driver software.
- Next, If the port selected is a network port, then reset the driver configurations in windows.
- If the port selected is IP, confirm that the IP address matches the printer IP address. In case if it doesn’t match, then edit the printer name or IP address field and select “OK.“
- Then click “Apply” and click “OK.”
- After this, the users are recommended to print a test page. If the issue persists, then proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Use HP Print & Scan Doctor
HP provides a free tool namely HP Print and Scan Doctor that aims to diagnose and resolve printing problems. So, the users are suggested to download and run “HP Print and Scan Doctor” to resolve numerous issues. If the problem continues, move on to the next step.
Step 4: Check the ‘Use Printer Offline’ Setting
To reset printer offline, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, Open the Control Panel.
- Click “devices and printers”.
- Select the “printer” option and then select to clear any selections next to pause printing and use printer offline.
- After this, try to print a test page. If after applying these steps the users are not able to print, continue with the next step.
Step 5: Set Default Printer
To resolve the problems of Hp printer offline, set the printer as “Default printer” and check whether the printer is printing or not.
- Firstly, restart your HP printer.
- On the keyboard, click Windows key, and then choose Control Panel. Then, in the “Control Panel” window, choose “Devices and Printer”.
- After this, Right-click the printer and choose “Set as default printer”. Make sure that there is a “green checkmark” next to the printer.
- Now, right-click the icon of the default printer and try to print the document.
Step 6: Reset Printer
- Firstly, turn on the system.
- Then, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Note: Ensure that the printer is turned “ON” at the time of disconnecting the cord.
- After that, unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Then, wait for at least 1 min.
- After that, restart your system.
- Then plug the power cord back into the electric socket.
- After that, reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Now press the power button to turn “ON” the printer if it is “OFF.”
- Ensure that the printer is connected to the system or the network.
- Then print a test page and check if the printer is in working condition or not. If the offline status remains the same, then follow the further steps provided below.
Step 7: Update Printer Firmware
Printer Firmware is a program that is installed in the printer when it is first manufactured. The firmware tell the printer everything it needs to know to operate correctly and to interact with an operating system.
HP releases new printer firmware versions for its inkjet and LaserJet series regularly. The newer version of firmware allows the printer to work more smoothly and fix minor errors. Therefore, follow the below steps to update the firmware for the printer:
The user can update the printer firmware from the official HP website. Moreover, the users looking for the ways to update the firmware from the HP website should follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website, then navigate to the “Softwares and Drivers” tab. After this, then type in the model of your printer and press “Enter.”
- Select your operating system first and scroll down to locate category “Firmware.” Then, press the “Download” button to get it downloaded.
- When the download gets completed then hit the update button to start updating printer firmware.
Step 8: Update Printer Driver
A printer driver is the connection between the system and the printer and it gives commands to tell the printer how and what to print. Therefore, to update the printer drivers follow the below-steps:
- Firstly, click the “Windows” key on your keyboard. Then choose the “Control Panel.” In the Control Panel window, “choose Devices and Printer.”
- After this, right-click on the default printer and choose the option “Remove Device.”
- Select “Yes”, and then wait for the device to be removed.
- Then, Go to the official website.
- On the official website search and click on the “Software and Drivers.”
- After that type in the model of your printer and press “Enter.”
- Choose your operating system , then scroll down to the “driver-product installation software category.” Then press the download button to get the driver downloaded.
- Now hit the “Update” button to start the updating of the Printer Driver.
We Assist You For the Following
Resolve HP Printer Offline Problem on MAC
If the printer is off or unable to communicate with the computer, it is offline. Make sure the printer is ready to print.
- If the printer is off or in sleep mode, press the Power button to turn it on.
- Then make sure the printer has loaded paper into the input tray and there are no errors or blinking lights on the printer control panel.
- After that, Restart the printer and wait until it is ready to print.
- Try to print. But If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
To solve the errors of HP printer offline , you need to reset the printer. Follow the steps carefully:
- Firstly click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences.
- Then, you have to click “Print & Fax”Print & Scan, or printers & Scanners.
- Right-click anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click “Reset Printing System”
- Click Reset in the confirmation window.
- After that, enter the administrator name and password, and then click OK to complete the reset.
After the printing system resets, try to print. If you are unable to print, continue with the next step.
Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi Printer connection
- Firstly, restart your device.
- Connect the printer to your network using the HP wireless setup wizard, WPS or the HP smart software.
- Print the Wireless Report:
To troubleshoot wireless connectivity issues, the following are the suggestions:
- Printers with LCD and text-based control panels: You have to print the page from the wireless, network settings or setup menu.
- Printers with basic control panels: Print the report using the button combinations on the printer control panel.
Troubleshoot a USB Printer Connection
If the computer is unable to detect the printer over a USB connection, follow the below steps:
- Turn off the computer and the printer and then disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Inspect the cable and if there is any damage, replace the cable.
- Connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer. The port should be USB 2.0 or greater. If you use a USB hub or docking station, connect the cable directly to the computer.
- Turn on the computer and wait for the computer to complete the startup.
- Turn on the printer and try to print your report.
Troubleshoot a Wired Printer Connection
If the computer is unable to detect the printer over a wired Ethernet(LAN) connection, check the network cables and the connection.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable
To reset the connection between the printer and computer, firstly you have to disconnect the cable and then reconnect it.
- Turn off the printer, then disconnect the ethernet cable from the router.
- Inspect the cable and if the cable is damaged, replace the cable. Confirm the cable is an Ethernet cable and not a phone cable.
- Then connect the cable to a different Ethernet or LAN port on the router.
- Turn on the printer.
- You can confirm the connection on your printer by checking the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should not blink and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
- Print a Network Configuration Page
- You have to print a network configuration page to check the network status.
- Printers with a touchscreen control panel or text-based display: print the page from the Wireless, network settings or Startup menu.
- Printers with buttons only: print the report using button combinations such as wireless button on the printer control panel.
- Review the General Information section on the first page. Make sure the network status displays Ready.
- Service the Printer
If the issue persists, service or replace your HP product.
So, by following the above steps you can resolve all the errors of HP Printer offline and can easily print your report.