HP Printer Offline
HP Printer Offline means your printer is not communicating with the computer. It is the most common problem that arises when there is low connectivity between the computer and the printer. Many of the HP Printer users encounter this error and they ask for technical support. There are some causes due to which the problem arises. Below are the causes and its solutions.
Causes of HP Offline Printer Errors
Using Incorrect Port
Outdated Printer Driver
Print Spooler Error
Solution To Resolve HP Printer Offline Problem On Windows
Following are the steps to fix HP Printer Offline errors on windows:
- Do Not connect to a guest or host network.
Firstly make sure that your printer is not connected to a guest or host network as the router might have extra safety characteristics such as preventing printers from connecting and therefore printing of papers.
- Try your printer on another computer.
If you have a second computer, try installing the printer driver and then try connecting the printer using the same type of connection. If the offline status remains the same, then definitely there is a fault in the printer. You may need to call HP support for more assistance. But if the offline status is gone, then it is a fault in the first computer.
If the driver is using the wrong connection port, then the connection cannot be made and the printer will remain offline. To fix the HP printer offline errors, follow the below steps:
- Open Devices and Printers.
- Then, right-click the name of the printer and then select Printer Properties.
- Select the Ports tab.
- Make sure that the selected Port and description matches the connection type being used with the printer.
- Then, select Configure Port and make sure the printer IP address matches the Port Ip address.
- If the port selected is WSD, remove and reinstall the driver software.
- Next, If the port selected is a network port, reset the driver configurations in windows.
- If the port selected is IP, verify the IP address matches the printer IP address. If it doesn’t match edit the printer name or IP address field and select OK.
- Then click Apply and click OK.
- Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
HP provides a free tool namely HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to execute a number of troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. If the problem continues, move on to the next step.
To reset printer offline, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, Open the Control Panel.
- Click “devices and printers”.
- Select the “printer” option and then select to clear any selections next to pause printing and use printer offline.
- Try to print. If you are unable to print, continue with the next step.
To resolve the problems of Hp printer offline, set as default printer and check whether the printer is printing your report or not.
- Firstly, restart your HP printer.
- On your keyboard, firstly click Windows key, and then choose Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, choose “Devices and Printer”.
- Then, Right-click the printer and choose Set as default printer. Make sure that there is a green checkmark next to the printer.
- Now, you have to right-click the icon for your default printer and try to print your report.
- Firstly, turn on your computer
- Then, with your printer on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Then, you have to wait for at least 1 min. Restart your PC.
- Then plug the power cord back into the electric socket.
- Reconnect the power cord to your printer.
- Press the power button to turn on your printer if it is off.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the computer or the network.
- See if you can print now. If the offline status remains the same, you need to follow further steps.
Printer Firmware is a program that is installed in the printer when it is first manufactured. The firmware tell the printer everything it needs to know to operate correctly and to interact with an apple or a PC.
HP releases new printer firmware versions for its inkjet and LaserJet series regularly. The newer version of firmware allows your printer to work more smoothly and fix minor errors. To update the firmware for your printer, follow the below steps:
You can update your printer firmware from the HP website. If you want to update from the HP website, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to HP’s support, then navigate to the Softwares and Drivers tab. Then, type in the model of your printer and press Enter.
- Select your operating system first and scroll down to locate category Firmware. Press the Download button to get it downloaded.
- When the download finishes, hit the update button to start updating printer firmware.
A printer driver is the connection between your computer and the printer and it gives commands to tell the printer how and what to print. To update the printer drive, follow the below-steps:
- Firstly, click the Windows key on your keyboard. Then choose the Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, choose Devices and Printer.
- Right-click your default printer and choose the option Remove Device.
- Select Yes, and then wait for the device to be removed.
- Then, Go to HP support – Software and Drivers.
- After that type in the model of your printer and press Enter.
- Choose your operating system , then scroll down to the driver-product installation software category. Then press the download button to get the driver downloaded.
- Hit the Update button to start the updating of the Printer Driver.
We Assist You For the Following
Resolve HP Printer Offline Problem on MAC
If the printer is off or unable to communicate with the computer, it is offline. Make sure the printer is ready to print.
- If the printer is off or in sleep mode, press the Power button to turn it on.
- Then make sure the printer has loaded paper into the input tray and there are no errors or blinking lights on the printer control panel.
- After that, Restart the printer and wait until it is ready to print.
- Try to print. But If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
To solve the errors of HP printer offline , you need to reset the printer. Follow the steps carefully:
- Firstly click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences.
- Then, you have to click “Print & Fax”Print & Scan, or printers & Scanners.
- Right-click anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click “Reset Printing System”
- Click Reset in the confirmation window.
- After that, enter the administrator name and password, and then click OK to complete the reset.
After the printing system resets, try to print. If you are unable to print, continue with the next step.
Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi Printer connection
- Firstly, restart your device.
- Connect the printer to your network using the HP wireless setup wizard, WPS or the HP smart software.
- Print the Wireless Report:
To troubleshoot wireless connectivity issues, the following are the suggestions:
- Printers with LCD and text-based control panels: You have to print the page from the wireless, network settings or setup menu.
- Printers with basic control panels: Print the report using the button combinations on the printer control panel.
Troubleshoot a USB Printer Connection
If the computer is unable to detect the printer over a USB connection, follow the below steps:
- Turn off the computer and the printer and then disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Inspect the cable and if there is any damage, replace the cable.
- Connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer. The port should be USB 2.0 or greater. If you use a USB hub or docking station, connect the cable directly to the computer.
- Turn on the computer and wait for the computer to complete the startup.
- Turn on the printer and try to print your report.
Troubleshoot a Wired Printer Connection
If the computer is unable to detect the printer over a wired Ethernet(LAN) connection, check the network cables and the connection.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable
To reset the connection between the printer and computer, firstly you have to disconnect the cable and then reconnect it.
- Turn off the printer, then disconnect the ethernet cable from the router.
- Inspect the cable and if the cable is damaged, replace the cable. Confirm the cable is an Ethernet cable and not a phone cable.
- Then connect the cable to a different Ethernet or LAN port on the router.
- Turn on the printer.
- You can confirm the connection on your printer by checking the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should not blink and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
- Print a Network Configuration Page
- You have to print a network configuration page to check the network status.
- Printers with a touchscreen control panel or text-based display: print the page from the Wireless, network settings or Startup menu.
- Printers with buttons only: print the report using button combinations such as wireless button on the printer control panel.
- Review the General Information section on the first page. Make sure the network status displays Ready.
- Service the Printer
If the issue persists, service or replace your HP product.
So, by following the above steps you can resolve all the errors of HP Printer offline and can easily print your report.